Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bonnie : (23 May 2015 - 04:54 PM) bread machine now sold and i did get charged twice....
@  archstrati : (23 May 2015 - 09:40 AM) Details for Workshop: Trullo Construction Techniques here: http://www.bagstudio...ullo/  (sorry, shouted too soon in previous post)
@  archstrati : (23 May 2015 - 09:16 AM) Workshop: Construction Techniques of a Trullo, May 30-June 1, Ceglie Messapica
@  daniele : (23 May 2015 - 07:54 AM) in martina franca at Top Video Unieuro we have many internet solution for everywhere you are. Please contact us at 0804838360
@  Billy : (22 May 2015 - 05:21 PM) You may get charged twice too Bonnie so watch out.
@  bonnie : (22 May 2015 - 03:34 PM) Oops forgot how to shout.  I paid £55.00 including postage and am happy to sell for 60 euros.  If you are interested please call me on 3408703579.  Very good machine and make great bread and also cakes.
@  bonnie : (22 May 2015 - 03:29 PM) Hi I have a brand new unopened bread making machine to sell, which I just brought from Amzon UK.  They sent me two instead of one.  It is a Morphy Richards fastbake with english instructions.
@  bonnie : (22 May 2015 - 03:23 PM) Hi
@  JuliaS : (18 May 2015 - 04:23 PM) Procession in oria route changed due to election rally in Piazza Manfredi.
@  JuliaS : (16 May 2015 - 09:38 PM) Mon 18th May Historic procession in Oria, see below for details.
@  clint : (13 May 2015 - 07:42 PM) Zyscla this is the contact link for exfadda worth a call http://www.exfadda.it/i-contatti/ No idea what's available in Latiano
@  zyscla : (13 May 2015 - 07:23 PM) @clint, how do I find more info about Ex Fadda? And S Vito might be a bit far...
@  julie and co : (12 May 2015 - 08:21 AM) 3small breed pups need a home i found them by the road can anyone take one or three x
@  clint : (11 May 2015 - 08:44 AM) Ex fadda in S vito runs yoga classes
@  zyscla : (10 May 2015 - 08:20 AM) Seeking yoga or mat pilates classes or teacher. Does anyone know anyone? Thanks! My body needs some adjustment and stretching quickly!! :)
@  zyscla : (09 May 2015 - 06:59 PM) Looking for neutered mail young dog to both be a bit of a watch dog for my property and to be company for my extremely affectionate female Alsatian. I am in Latiano and have an all fenced property. Ideally not a too young puppy. Anyone?
@  Anne Liotti : (09 May 2015 - 04:07 PM) Which route did you take?
@  Willowtwis : (09 May 2015 - 02:11 PM) i thought it might have been but please forgive me because in my research i came across a sailing forum which said otherwise. But thanks for concise answer Billy!!
@  Billy : (09 May 2015 - 08:26 AM) Yep.
@  Willowtwis : (09 May 2015 - 08:06 AM) i hope this isnt a 'blonde' question, but are butane or propane gas cylinders in Italy compatible with a left handed thread devise? ie German hob for outside kitchen?

Icon Benvenuti

Benvenuto su Puglia Posse! Puglia Posse is a forum mainly dedicated to this most sub-mediterranean region of Italy, Puglia or Apulia; but not only. For those of us with a strong passion for this rich and colourful territory; most probably have an equally strong fondness for all things Italian! There is a wealth of knowledge to be found in this forum. Our members have extensive experience and are more than willing and equally enthused to share their knowledge with new visitors and homeowners to the area. You need to register in order to obtain full access, make any postings and contribute yourself. Why not start with a small introduction about you and your family, telling us why Puglia is for you? Grazie!


Swimming Pools


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1
pen

pen

    Olive Stone

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

#2
Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

    Succulent Olive

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Gender:Female

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen

#3
Alex McLean

Alex McLean

    Shoot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Gender:Male
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

#4
Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

    Succulent Olive

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Gender:Female
You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

#5
rosie A

rosie A

    Olive Tree

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Gender:Female

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers
We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

#6
ciminera

ciminera

    Shoot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.


michelangelo ciminera.




View PostAdmin - Colleen, on 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen


#7
Digger

Digger

    Sapling

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postciminera, on 04 June 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.


michelangelo ciminera.
I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users