Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  rosie A : (24 June 2017 - 07:34 PM)

Well said, Colleen

@  Admin - Colleen : (22 June 2017 - 05:53 PM)

From Today onwards I will be issuing warnings to members who call others "stupid" or name calling or insinuate or become quite frankly unfriendly towards other members. If you can not be nice I kindly ask you not to contribute.

This forum is about Puglia.

3 warnings and we will have to part company.

@  flora : (21 June 2017 - 06:43 PM)

Had half day power cuts every couple of weeks in a number of localities for past couple of months - think I am on 15th..They do realise I can read the code at the page bottom..have done for a long time.

@  Diana : (17 June 2017 - 05:25 PM)

Sorry for the long post - cant get my post with photos to upload - just errorr

@  Diana : (17 June 2017 - 05:24 PM)

My dear sister, who lived in Puglia, died suddenly last year and since then her partner who also lives in Puglia has been caring for her 3 dogs.My sister loved her dogs. They were all strays that just arrived!! Like many soft-hearted English people she took them in. At one point there were 8 of them!
Sadly her partner is seriously ill and has been admitted to hospital . He won’t be able to return to the home, which is why I’m making this appeal.
I’m looking to find new homes for these 3 lovely dogs as they have nobody to take care of them. They are GENGHIS, a cross bred male, who is good natured and affectionate. DOLLY, a very friendly female and SHADOW, another sweet natured boy.

They are all used to family life and living with other dogs so should have no trouble fitting in.. They are getting on a bit but have no health problems that I am aware of and they have all been neutered. I cannot take care of them myself because I live in the UK but I am very willing, on behalf of my sister, to cover any vet fees and also to contribute towards their keep.
At the moment a neighbour has been temporarily helping out by feeding them,and her kindness has been extraordinary, but they need a home .
Is anybody able to offer them a home?
Please get in touch either here on the forum (I am a member) or send me an e-mail at coxie521@hotmail.com
I will then put you in touch with the neighbour in Puglia who can sort out all the arrangements.

Thank you!
Diana Clough

@  d535 : (14 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

Hi Oria Deb, Thank you for that We are over I think from the 28th to 5th probably seeing the Puglia pool people on the 1st I would be interested to come and view your pool works! If you would like to give me your mobile or e-mail I will contact you privately for those, again many thanks.

@  OriaDeb : (14 June 2017 - 06:44 AM)

D535. Gianni Dimagli 349 3937801. gianni.dimagli@poolgardenservice.it They start my pool next week. I know 3 people who have used them and everyone is very pleased with all aspects of the company and works done. You are welcome to come over and see them at work and talk to Gianni here. The shop is well manned, with an English speaking lady.

@  d535 : (12 June 2017 - 03:53 PM)

Flora, The P's, Oria Deb, thank you all for info on pools much appreciated,

@  d535 : (12 June 2017 - 11:07 AM)

You can get me on d.od@virgin.net and I will come back to you many thanks

@  d535 : (12 June 2017 - 11:07 AM)

@OriaDeb do you have a contact person at The manduria Pool & Garden centre what kind of pool did they build you?

@  Beanies : (12 June 2017 - 10:27 AM)

Hi Verosac, we might be interested actually, will be in Ostuni from Sunday night until Thursday. Is it a pellet one?

@  flora : (12 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

So pathetic and excruciatingly low “peeps”??….but I have always been a fan of Glen Close

@  d535 : (11 June 2017 - 07:07 PM)

Sorry d.od@ virgin.net

@  d535 : (11 June 2017 - 07:06 PM)

Last year I was fortunate to ask if anyone had. Pair of good bikes for sale and bought them from one of the contributors and they have been fantastic. Now after a couple of more bikes if any one can help possibly over at the end of the month? Thank you

@  d535 : (11 June 2017 - 07:04 PM)

d.od a@virgin .ne

@  d535 : (11 June 2017 - 07:04 PM)

@The P's yes please would love to speak with you ref. Pools! Can you send me a text or e mail me? 07527170100

@  Jillcurly : (11 June 2017 - 06:23 PM)

Thanks to those who gave route info. Looking forward to the challenge!

@  MZAS : (11 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

Thank you, Digger.  We will look into this.

@  MZAS : (11 June 2017 - 06:03 PM)

Thanks, Flora.  We are new this but we will post it to the utilities section.  Thanks.

@  Digger : (11 June 2017 - 03:38 PM)

MZAS.....not amps. it's Kw. 3Kw is the basic supply - OK if you limit the appliances in use at any one time. 6Kw if you want air con + oven etc. 10Kw if you want everything on at the same time. The more Kw you have the more you pay.

Swimming Pools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pen

pen

Olive Stone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen
http://www.relaxpuglia.it http://www.relaxpuglia.com

Alex McLean

Alex McLean

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen
http://www.relaxpuglia.it http://www.relaxpuglia.com

rosie A

rosie A

Olive Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Cheers

We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

ciminera

ciminera

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

Digger

Digger

Olive Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.