Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bonnie : (28 July 2014 - 06:02 AM) Kittens
@  bonnie : (28 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) Hi
@  Billy : (23 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) Bravo Darren!
@  Darren : (23 July 2014 - 08:10 PM) Success at last!  I have managed to get ENEL to debit my UK bank for the Electricity bill. Result
@  SPDIXON : (21 July 2014 - 08:56 PM) electricians
@  Digger : (18 July 2014 - 04:29 PM) Ostuni antique market is 2nd Sunday of the month so you have just missed it this month.
@  grizwolds : (18 July 2014 - 08:20 AM) Hi there, I know of San Vito Antique mkt - first sunday of the month and Martina Franca Brico 3rd sunday - are there any others - I think Ive been to one in Ostuni but dont know which days it is - thanks
@  fra : (15 July 2014 - 11:40 PM) Permaculture Design Course 26th Sept-7th Oct, Casina Settarte Ostuni. Teachers: Rod Everett and Mill Millichap, for more info look into the section Garden and Land
@  peterw : (12 July 2014 - 07:54 AM) there is supposed to be a shop that sells marmite in Lecce, anyone ever found it/
@  Admin - Colleen : (08 July 2014 - 03:32 PM) Actually a friend of mine was recently burgled when they went out for the evening. They left two big dogs in the house. The burglars put them in a room separate from each other and stole that which they could! Fortunately they did not physically harm the dogs.
@  Billy : (07 July 2014 - 05:26 PM) Two big dogs!
@  luap : (07 July 2014 - 03:12 PM) security
@  Billy : (05 July 2014 - 07:02 AM) Still a bit chilly sitting out in the evening though.
@  Admin - Colleen : (03 July 2014 - 10:57 AM) You could take them to Torre Guaceto? Cycling there and other water sports or hire a rickshaw at Savelletri or boat. Beach, zoo safari, play beach tennis at the lidos where they also have other activities for the kids or a public pool? Near Pascarosa from Ostuni to Martina there is a pool where you pay 5 euro a day....by the sea there is a water sports park. Torre Canne area if I remember.
@  tuckers : (03 July 2014 - 09:47 AM) Anyone have any advice on what children aged 5 to 10 can do in th eOstuni area?
@  Admin - Colleen : (30 June 2014 - 02:12 PM) Welcome back. Yes and in certain areas wood is no longer possible. has to be done in metal or stone.
@  carpe diem : (30 June 2014 - 10:11 AM) Can anyone tell me if you need planning permission to construct a wooden veranda which will be attached to the main villa ? we could do with the extra shade outside of our back door. Thanks John
@  Bowie : (26 June 2014 - 03:03 AM) We’re new to the forum although I believe I did a post when we first joined a number of months ago and haven’t visited since.

I’m Bowie (Barry) and my wife and I have a healing center in the US (Newbury, MA: http://lenair.com/sanctuary). The work we offer assists people with addictions and out-of-control problems as a byproduct of the Self(s) Healing Experience (SHE) that is only offered through our center. This is the link for the work: http://lenair.com/welcome.

We have been searching for a place to relocate and retire and we’ve narrowed our search to Puglia. We haven’t visited yet but are planning to do so soon.

We’d love to hear from anyone that works in the healing arts – independently or through a healing center, spa, wellness center, massage center, clinic or even a hotel that offers holistic services or anyone else that might be able to assist in helping us bring this very special work to a beautiful region of Italy.

In addition through this forum, I can be reached through email: barry@lenair.com.

Looking forward to moving this forward!

All and only the best,
Barry
@  clint : (25 June 2014 - 11:07 PM) to get a dog out of italy to another EU country the dog needs to be 1) microchipped
@  StellaA : (25 June 2014 - 04:00 PM) Thanks Helly.  I have spoken to the local Vet and he is making enquiries.  Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Icon Benvenuti

Benvenuto su Puglia Posse! Puglia Posse is a forum mainly dedicated to this most sub-mediterranean region of Italy, Puglia or Apulia; but not only. For those of us with a strong passion for this rich and colourful territory; most probably have an equally strong fondness for all things Italian! There is a wealth of knowledge to be found in this forum. Our members have extensive experience and are more than willing and equally enthused to share their knowledge with new visitors and homeowners to the area. You need to register in order to obtain full access, make any postings and contribute yourself. Why not start with a small introduction about you and your family, telling us why Puglia is for you? Grazie!

Swimming Pools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pen

pen

Olive Stone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen

Alex McLean

Alex McLean

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts
You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

rosie A

rosie A

Sapling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Cheers
We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

ciminera

ciminera

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

View PostAdmin - Colleen, on 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

Digger

Digger

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

View Postciminera, on 04 June 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.
I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users