Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Billy : (26 January 2015 - 08:22 PM) You can choose not to pay the ridiculous fee if you untick the box, very tricky to spot.
@  Margo and St... : (26 January 2015 - 12:16 PM) so book your return separately !
@  Margo and St... : (26 January 2015 - 12:14 PM) Ryanair is now applying extortion currency rate fee, Paypal way, if you book a London brindisi, the site show up in GBP but will charge you in EU if your card is in €, about 6.6% today ;-((
@  alfonzo76 : (26 January 2015 - 08:23 AM) Villa for sale 180 mq in , no work needed can live all year round.Valle d'itria.
@  alfonzo76 : (26 January 2015 - 04:57 AM) I'm A Handyman ..(cisternino ostuni selva Martina lecce) call me at 3292151762 .I speak Italian English.
@  Admin - Colleen : (23 January 2015 - 04:27 PM) Must speak Italian, English not necessary
@  Admin - Colleen : (23 January 2015 - 04:26 PM) Looking for a handyman to cover Ostuni, cisternino, Selva, Ceglie and Ostuni areas from Easter and throughout the summer
@  alfonzo76 : (22 January 2015 - 07:17 PM) handyman services in lecce, call for a quote 329215172
@  Ascot : (22 January 2015 - 12:58 PM) Meeting with Animal Rescue Volunteer at Lidl car park in San Vito any animal food welcome.
@  smb : (21 January 2015 - 01:41 PM) Hi, could anybody recommend a geometra/architect that speaks very good english for a small extension. Ceglie/Martina
@  Billy : (15 January 2015 - 09:29 AM) http://www.fondazion....com/focara.php
@  Billy : (15 January 2015 - 07:43 AM) The big bonfire at Novoli this weekend,  park and ride on the train available too!
@  Murri55 : (13 January 2015 - 08:26 AM) sorry, bad editing: worked w. Tecnocasa a big chain, but bought w. a small local guy. For sale of my Umbrian house I changed a clause regarding the first payment to the realtor: normally they ask that part of the downpayment goes directly to the realtor: I opted out of this, for payment to realtor in full at time of closing. I did this to insure that the sale would be followed through w. the agents help. I also did not sign an exclusive.
@  Murri55 : (13 January 2015 - 01:06 AM) claredon: when I purchased in Puglia I  with Tecnocasa, (very on the ball and American style) but purchased from a local guy who was fine. The sale was straight forward, but I had had experience in Umbria so I knew what to expect.  I will say that when I signed my sales contract I dictated some of my terms and they were OK with it...You can find this info on the web. However they are many unscrupulous realtors and the laws in Italy are not as strong in Italy for the protection of the client. Sales contracts in general though are simple, one page affairs. The notary by the way is very important in the sales process but the buyer chooses them. They can however screw up your sale. I had to fire one when I bought in Nardó, then the next one worked really well to push the sales through.
@  Admin - Colleen : (09 January 2015 - 10:40 AM) But also uses publicity forums such as Prime Location
@  Admin - Colleen : (09 January 2015 - 10:39 AM) He also has other partners in Puglia who have scruples
@  Admin - Colleen : (09 January 2015 - 10:37 AM) Not positive of course but we all have differing experiences. I shy away once burnt.
@  ChrisC : (08 January 2015 - 10:45 PM) Don't know what problems Colleen has had with Ligorio Immobiliare but we used them and they were absolutely fine. Still use them for building work.
@  clareden : (07 January 2015 - 03:51 PM) hi Colleen, thanks for the info does your partner advertise all over Europe? Where in Cisternino is his office? Is there anyway of sending an e mail to you to find out more on Ligorio? many thanks
@  alfonzo76 : (07 January 2015 - 03:34 PM) villa for sale in martina

Icon Benvenuti

Benvenuto su Puglia Posse! Puglia Posse is a forum mainly dedicated to this most sub-mediterranean region of Italy, Puglia or Apulia; but not only. For those of us with a strong passion for this rich and colourful territory; most probably have an equally strong fondness for all things Italian! There is a wealth of knowledge to be found in this forum. Our members have extensive experience and are more than willing and equally enthused to share their knowledge with new visitors and homeowners to the area. You need to register in order to obtain full access, make any postings and contribute yourself. Why not start with a small introduction about you and your family, telling us why Puglia is for you? Grazie!

Swimming Pools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pen

pen

Olive Stone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen

Alex McLean

Alex McLean

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

rosie A

rosie A

Sapling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

View Postpen, on 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Cheers
We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

ciminera

ciminera

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

View PostAdmin - Colleen, on 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

You have to compare like with like.  You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

Digger

Digger

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

View Postciminera, on 04 June 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.
I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users