Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Admin - Colleen : (29 August 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Hi Linda I did pilates last year with a cisternino group at La Fenice. Antonio is an excellent teacher co-ordinator.

@  lifelover : (28 August 2016 - 07:37 PM)

renzi

@  Jillcurly : (28 August 2016 - 11:51 AM)

Thanks @flora - will check out the info.

@  flora : (26 August 2016 - 06:36 PM)

In SV try Sardelli http://www.3essesardelli.it/ or Fasano http://www.salernotr...om/galleria.php there are a number around.

@  jonathanru : (26 August 2016 - 04:56 PM)

Hi All. Can anybody suggest name of a company to talk to in the Ostuni/San Vito area about getting a bore hole drilled? English speaking would be useful. Thx, Jonathan

@  LindaZ : (26 August 2016 - 03:51 PM)

Can anyone recommend a Pilates teacher in Ostuni or nearby?

@  flora : (26 August 2016 - 12:56 PM)

@Jillcurly-they have a number on amazon, or this manufacturer http://www.cosmetal....icazione/1.html or chat to local domstic app shop to see if they can order in or chat to IceBoy in SV/local vending supplier who may be able to help?

@  rosie A : (24 August 2016 - 09:14 AM)

Has anyone converted a traditional type in-ground pool to an infinity pool?

@  Jillcurly : (23 August 2016 - 06:36 AM)

I have looked in a number of places but haven't been able to find any - do they sell domestic drinking water coolers in Puglia - if so where? Thanks

@  flora : (22 August 2016 - 01:16 PM)

Yep also in Ceglie and Francavilla. See also these links for more http://www.arcapromo...-bari-puglia-m/ and http://www.pugliapos...and-used-items/

@  Digger : (22 August 2016 - 12:53 PM)

San Vito first Sunday, Ostuni 2nd Sunday, Martina Franca 3rd Sunday.

@  Digger : (22 August 2016 - 12:52 PM)

Officially it's an antique market but to those familiar with UK car boot sales this is on par with that ...... but more expensive.

@  jonathanru : (22 August 2016 - 12:34 PM)

Hi All. I found a forum thread from 10 years ago about 'car boot sale' events but nothing recently. Is there still one in Ostuni on the 2nd Sunday of each month?

@  Ascot : (20 August 2016 - 03:48 PM)

When covered there is no evaporation. The water level may drop if you have a leak or if the cover gets filled with rain water. We bought the winter cover from our pool fitter.

@  campania : (20 August 2016 - 03:39 PM)

Hi Ascot what type of a cover do you use? because we don't live here, is there much evaporation during the winter months?

@  Ascot : (20 August 2016 - 11:46 AM)

Hello Campania we have always covered our pools in the winter months and it has protected the liner and the water enabling us to uncover the pool in the spring without having to overt treat the water or empty the pool (also maintaining the temperature). Definitely worth the money !

@  Ascot : (20 August 2016 - 11:33 AM)

Am Dram any chance for a new group for a Christmas Pantomime?

@  brian1949 : (20 August 2016 - 10:55 AM)

hi all does anyone know where i can get a reconditioned water pump for my cistern. only used for watering the garden in or around martina franca

@  campania : (19 August 2016 - 05:33 PM)

Knowledge needed please. Do you in general shut down your swimming pools for the winter, (I don't live here, only here for the summer)and do you use a cover. I have been told that a sausage type water filled Cover is a good one to use, I have a 12 X 5 pool, does anyone have an opinion on this, or does anyone have one for sale. Any information gratefully received.

@  clint : (12 August 2016 - 04:51 PM)

Dott Conversano has a place in Mesagne but does 2 half days a week in Latiano too. He is a fab vet really good vet

Swimming Pools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pen

pen

Olive Stone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen

Alex McLean

Alex McLean

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

rosie A

rosie A

Olive Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Cheers

We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

ciminera

ciminera

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

Digger

Digger

Sapling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users