Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  d535 : (30 May 2016 - 11:17 AM)

Thank you for that, do you know how many hours he worked and which quarry!

@  bronson : (28 May 2016 - 09:21 AM)

Greetings, D535. I can't be so helpful as to provide a name but I used a local digger chappy from the quarry. He appeared expensive at 350 Euro per day but he had a big one so my big 64 cubic metre hole was dug in 3 days. I built privacy banking too. Try to look for builder boots in the bars and ask around

@  d535 : (26 May 2016 - 09:44 PM)

Does any one have a recommendation for a reasonably price digger man to dig a 10 X 5 metre pool hole! We have had a quote to start and feel it may be a bit on the pricey side ? We don' to need the earth removing from site jus banked along the border for the moment! And the stone found stored near the lane at another boundary.

@  Vinovee : (26 May 2016 - 07:18 AM)

Hi all, looking for a dog and kitten sitter for the end of June for approx 1 week.... Or does anyone know of any good kennels / cattery in the Oria area? Thanks. 

@  Ascot : (26 May 2016 - 06:26 AM)

Tickets for Coriandoli Ladies Choir Spring Concert on the 11th of June in San Vito are now available!

@  flora : (24 May 2016 - 06:39 AM)

Jonathan have sent you the links of various historical discussions with options by members on the subject

@  jonathanru : (23 May 2016 - 07:13 PM)

Is it normal in the Puglia country area not to have a specific street address for a house? How do you let people know where to deliver things?

@  peterw : (20 May 2016 - 07:32 AM)

http://www.lecceprima.it/cronaca/allerta-arancione-maltempo-rischio-idrogeologico-temporali-salento-maggio-2016.html

@  Niki : (16 May 2016 - 11:05 AM)

Vegan cena/dinner night on Friday 20th May at Scacciapensieri in Martina Franca, very close to big church in centro storico. ONLY 15 including vino!!!
She makes amazing and unusual world food, a nice change from the usual pizza.
Please come along and spread the word.

@  Firefly : (16 May 2016 - 10:22 AM)

d535 - We have 2 bikes for sale. Have pm'd you with phone number.

@  VickyP : (15 May 2016 - 08:44 PM)

Does anyone know of a good chiropractor in or near Ostuni please?

@  Billy : (15 May 2016 - 05:59 PM)

That is 21/5/16 I may add.

@  Billy : (15 May 2016 - 05:58 PM)

Lecce 'open courtyards' this Sunday! Nice day out.

@  flora : (14 May 2016 - 07:03 AM)

Only go the chicane of Selva Fasano this weekend if you want to get caught up in funky cars and celebs!

@  d535 : (09 May 2016 - 06:53 PM)

has anyone got 2 bikes for sale early June san Michele area

@  JuliaS : (09 May 2016 - 10:20 AM)

Please check out the Cost of Living Survey in the Utilities section.

@  susantam : (04 May 2016 - 07:14 AM)

Hi all, I'm Susan, and will be spending some time in Ostuni as we've just moved there. In my upcoming trip this month, I'm happy to offer free yoga classes at our house, Serendippo, in Contrada Vallegna. I'm a trained yoga teacher with more than 10 years of experience and am pleased to share the benefits of a healthy yoga practice. Feel free to connect with me here for more details and if you'd like to join me for a session. Thank you!

@  g126 : (03 May 2016 - 03:41 PM)

Thanks Julia and Flora!

@  JuliaS : (02 May 2016 - 02:25 PM)

mailboxes etc. are good. pay for a small letter box. They will also take in parcels for you.

@  flora : (02 May 2016 - 11:55 AM)

Some time back- there is a charge, works fine but often a waiting list. You can apply for a cluster of boxes with neighbours to be installed at end of your lane.

Swimming Pools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pen

pen

Olive Stone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Can any member advise please on good builders for inground swimming pools _ Permesso obtained. Are ther any good alternatives to the concrete versions?
Cheers

There is a couple in Ceglie who I recently requested quotes from.

The first didn't even get back to me with an idea so I didn't chase. That was Vito Scatigna of Pool 2002. Sorry but I really can not chase people to give them work!!

The other guy was Domenico of dcpiscine.it, he came back straight away.

Without the paving but everything else, price was 31,000 for a 10x5metre pool. Have a look at his website. He will also take you to show you his work too.

He also sells products.

Colleen

Alex McLean

Alex McLean

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try Blu Pool in Oria 0831 845 725. Dr Carone speaks good English we found him to be reliable, professional and offer great after sales service. 10 x 5 should be cheaper than 31k!

Happy Dipping!

Alex

Admin - Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Succulent Olive

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

rosie A

rosie A

Olive Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Cheers

We have had a steel construction pool (with liner) built by AQUA EXPERT di Arturo La Torre, from Monopoli. We are pleased with the pool, though you will probably need to find your own builder for the ground work. I don't know if he speaks English, but seemed very experienced. Can PM other details if required.

ciminera

ciminera

Shoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

You have to compare like with like. You need detailed quotes and make comparisons. All suppliers will do this but not all suppliers provide a quality job that has a good life.

I understand that Blupool also has a good rep.

You need the geometer to give the suppliers a spec so they can all work to the same specifications and make comparisons easier.

Each quote differs also on the land. The quote I requested was for a pool which needed to be built into a steep slope therefore they needed to allow for a retaining wall. Had it been a flat piece of land, much cheaper of course. Equally depends on whether the concrete is mixed by hand or brought in by truck. Depends on access.

Many aspects to consider when putting in a pool, not just comparing one number with that of another.

Colleen

Digger

Digger

Sapling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

i have read these posts, and do not like to comment on things or people i know little about, but i can assure anyone, that you "do not" mix concrete by hand for a pool, you "always use readymix, and further more halfway through each load being poured you take a sample and make a cube out of it,6" x 6" x 6") and keep it safe with detailed records of which pour it came from, and registation number of lorry and paperwork that came with load, if your pool fails, that way you have cubes to test for a faulty mix.

michelangelo ciminera.

I agree that in an ideal world readymix concrete would be preferable BUT as I live 1km up a VERY narrow lane with several 90 degree bends it was impossible for a readymix lorry to come to our house. It would also have saved me a few thousand euros in the labour costs of mixing concrete by hand. If however our pool fails I know exactly who mixed the concrete and the company that was responsible for the work. Either way in the event of a failure I think it could be a bit of a nightmare getting anyone to admit liability.
For the record my pool was built 6 years ago by Vito of SERVICE POOL in Ceglie and I am very happy with the results, no complaints whatsoever. I do know of other people who are not so happy with him, likewise I have heard good and bad about ALL pool builders mentioned on this forum so I make no recommendations on who to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users