Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
NextMove

Dual Citizenship

On applying for an appointment with the Italian Consulate for dual citizenship, there were none free before September. We will hopefully, be in Italy by then.

So, how easy is it to apply for dual citizenship when I get to Italy and any idea of the procedure? There are some details I have to find out first ie if Mum had dual or British citizenship and documents to find (easier said than done!)

Thank you.

Pretty certain, as quoted on other forum/expat/diplomatic sites that you will need to get your Mum's birth cert. copy from either her comune or copy of docs at Kew on settling in UK before your consular appointment. It appears that this application can only be processed by an Italian Consular office in UK but this may help meanwhile -

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-consulate-general-milan

Keep looking on the appointments page. I got a cancellation about a week after I started looking and despite dire warnings from websites, blogs and even the official at the consulate, my application was approved in 2 months. Now I'm looking forward to getting my Italian passport. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Hi my husband is trying to get an appointment to apply for an Italian passport....he has been on the site numerous times over the last six months to no avail.....anyone have any tips or ideas of how to secure an appointment soon...or at least this side of Christmas! Regards

On 7/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, lizandbob said:

Hi my husband is trying to get an appointment to apply for an Italian passport....he has been on the site numerous times over the last six months to no avail.....anyone have any tips or ideas of how to secure an appointment soon...or at least this side of Christmas! Regards

If your husband is Italian, the quickest way might be to go to the Italian Consulate in your country of residence (ie., if you are not resident in Italy.)

My hubby got his from the Cologne consulate in Germany quite quickly when we lived there.

However, I'm wondering if the dual citizenship is a problem.

Rosie a, Thank you for your reply.....his mother was Italian so he can apply for an Italian passport...the problem is securing an interview with the Italian consulate in London....he goes on the site and there is apps. released sparingly to say the least!!! but trying to secure one is impossible....they just get snapped up....into October now and no joy.....the annoying thing is the fact was hat he is paid £1500 to a solicitor  for all paperwork and checks up front.....so not getting an interview has become a pricey exercise!!! Even the solicitor says it,s a nightmare!!! Sorry to be so long winded but it is sooo annoying! Regards Liz