Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
Liz&Noel

Tv Charge On Enel

I have a small holiday property in Ostuni and have been advised by my helpful Italian neighbour that I need to complete a form to say that I do not have a television so that I am not charged for what I haven't got. I have printed off the form but my Italian isn't very good and I am not sure what I need to complete. Can anyone help please.

Liz and Noel - If it is holiday home and you are non-resident it should be classed as a "seconda casa" where you pay Enel a more expensive tariff for the electricity and do not collect the tv fee.

I have not seen this charge on the bill for my place in Ostuni our place yet so I have not needed to remove it.

Do Enel know it is a holiday home?

Enel charged me the money, and then refunded it. Not having to pay the 100 euro tv fee offsets some of the extra cost of the non-resident's tariff. Swings and roundabouts.

• Upvote 1

Strange that people don't want to pay for the service even though it's used at some stage. They state that the licence should be paid if you have a computer or tabiet even if you don't have a TV!

The truth of the matter is that you are expected to pay pay & pay.

The TV license is a tax and as with all taxes if there is a legal way not to pay or to pay as little as possible then most people will take that route.

There is a fine line between tax avoidance and tax evasion, one is legal one is not.

Very easy to get it wrong e.g. Ken Dodd, Jimmy Carr, Lester Piggott, Wesley Snipes and even dear old Al Capone.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me started with enel....

I recently discovered they have charged me twice for initial connection fee of 86 euros.....

First time in May then again in december!

Strange that people don't want to pay for the service even though it's used at some stage. They state that the licence should be paid if you have a computer or tabiet even if you don't have a TV!

The truth of the matter is that you are expected to pay pay & pay.

Won't be used at our house. We don't have a tv tablet or a radio.

Our only source of communication or online entertainment is our 2 mobile phones.On 3 network uk with free roaming in Italy.

Knowing enel they will charge us at some point regardless.

Someone told me they pay double for electric as its their second house, they swear its true, does not seem fair to me

Just got our latest bill via email...

We pay around 46 euros every two months. But our usage and power output is low. Are you paying 23 euros every two months ??

Our property is technically more than one, so we pay second home price for part of it - and it certainly is vastly more expensive than the first home rate.

• Upvote 1