Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
Liz&Noel

Tv Charge On Enel

Strange as most of those around us have 2 or three separate buildings on site in countryside plus homes in cities, they seem to manage all the bills (although have a whinge about the comune tax side of things)

We actually have 4 separate supplies on site, including a 3 phase one for the garden. All are in my husbands name. We could change one of the supplies into my name, and get residential on that one, but we were told it would cost about €500 to transfer (this was several years ago). As the other supplies don't actually consume a lot of electricity it isn't worth the effort or cost.

Any supply bigger than 3kw is charged at the higher rate anyway so I believe. 85% of Italians have a 3kw supply. Same in Mallorca it seems too.

Realise the thread began with a discussion about TV charge and also non res holiday home rates ...but I know a few locals that have 3 phase on their wells, as you say they are on separate bills - which I imagine still attract a service/supply charge per bill. We have 3 phase but all on one bill which is segregated into the different charges.

• Upvote 1

In around August I got a bill for 250 and paid it, next bill said nothing to pay I am 30 EURO in credit, I thought thats not bad, then I got a sort credit note I had to cash for 30 EURO, the 30 EURO they said was for RAI , then my next bill came 225 EURO I thought I will kill two birds with one stone, the girl said she cant cash the credit note I need to go to Lecce to a different sort of shop, I said after petrol and the sheer aggravation it just aint worth it, I actually loath Lecce, you cant park for a start and it reminds me of Victoria. its a con, why cant they knock it off the bill?

In around August I got a bill for 250 and paid it, next bill said nothing to pay I am 30 EURO in credit, I thought thats not bad, then I got a sort credit note I had to cash for 30 EURO, the 30 EURO they said was for RAI , then my next bill came 225 EURO I thought I will kill two birds with one stone, the girl said she cant cash the credit note I need to go to Lecce to a different sort of shop, I said after petrol and the sheer aggravation it just aint worth it, I actually loath Lecce, you cant park for a start and it reminds me of Victoria. its a con, why cant they knock it off the bill?

We parked fine on our first trip to lecce. Did have to pay though. Can't remember exactly where it was I do remember a really sweet kids toy shop nearby.

Just got a bill from the TV company saying we haven't paid our TV licence for 2016. We tried to tell them, around 2016, that we weren't getting any bills but did not receive a reply. It is our holiday home so, we presumed that ENEL wasn't taking money because either a) they hadn't got round to doing it for every property or b) we don't have to pay for a TV licence as it is a holiday home so ENEL won't take the money from our bill. ENEL have not taken any money for the TV licence from our electric bill in the last 3 years. We pay our electric bill by direct debit from our Italian bank account so ENEL take what they want, when they want. Should they have been taking money for the TV licence (we are paying our electric as a seconda casa), do holiday homes have to pay for a TV licence or not or, do we have to pay for the TV licence separately somehow? As we haven't been sent a TV licence bill for 3 years I can see us going round in circles!

I don't think there is anyone that understands the mysterious goings on of Italian bureaucracy, least of all Enel ...... they really are a joke.

Perhaps I am being a little bit unfair, it is the lady at the Enel  office in Ostuni that is a joke....... but that's another story!

Regarding TV licence payment ...... as I understand it a Non Resident with a holiday home is exempt from the TV licence charge.

A resident has to pay the licence fee on the Prima Casa but not on a second home.

All the Brits I know that have a holiday home here do not pay the licence fee.

Prior to Enel collecting the licence fee I think every house was subject to the TV fee, regardless of resident status.

Did the TV company send you an actual bill for 2016? If so I would just pay it - saves a lot of hassle !! 

4 hours ago, 2oldies said:

Just got a bill from the TV company saying we haven't paid our TV licence for 2016. We tried to tell them, around 2016, that we weren't getting any bills but did not receive a reply. It is our holiday home so, we presumed that ENEL wasn't taking money because either a) they hadn't got round to doing it for every property or b) we don't have to pay for a TV licence as it is a holiday home so ENEL won't take the money from our bill. ENEL have not taken any money for the TV licence from our electric bill in the last 3 years. We pay our electric bill by direct debit from our Italian bank account so ENEL take what they want, when they want. Should they have been taking money for the TV licence (we are paying our electric as a seconda casa), do holiday homes have to pay for a TV licence or not or, do we have to pay for the TV licence separately somehow? As we haven't been sent a TV licence bill for 3 years I can see us going round in circles!

Usually one doesn't pay tv licence on a 2nd home if they have another contract as resident in Italy or are over 75 with an income less than 6500€ pa or one submits a form  declaring to not own a tv set  (has to be done every year)

https://www.laleggepertutti.it/118927_chi-e-residente-allestero-deve-pagare-il-canone-rai                      é

Overdue payment can be chased up up to 5 years from the due date 

Thanks for your reply Digger & your link Clint. No we didn't receive a TV licence bill in 2016 but, according to the link Clint sent we, who are not resident so don't already pay for a TV licence, still have to pay even though it is a holiday home. I expect that ENEL don't pay it through our electric bill because we pay non-resident electric. I don't see how they expect us to pay if ENEL aren't paying it automatically as THEY should do. We have sent an e-mail to RAI and they have acknowledged receipt of it but we have not yet received an answer. It looks like they need to have words with ENEL: we are powerless to make ENEL pay from our bill.