Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
Digger

Post Office.

Thanks, Flora. However, remembering the "Postman Pat" stories, doesn't the postman still travel far and wide in Britain? ;)

But now another question: does everyone have a problem with the slowness of delivery? I belong to the generation who still believes in sending a nice, real, personal and hand-written card ( of which I also receive quite a few). Delivery time for the last one (Italy to Germany): posted 22 August, arrived 15 September. Cards posted on the same date in July in England arrived at my address between 7 and 16 days later!Wonder if it's worth complaining.

At that rate, they're taking longer than the letters I wrote in the 60ies to my dear Auntie Ethel in Vancouver!!!

• Upvote 1

I have always found deliveries OUT of Italy are generally quite efficient, waiting for letters to arrive however requires

a degree of patience. Normally 12 to 14 days from posting in UK to arrival at my mail box.

OH ordered something from UK on 2 occasions both arrived in less than a week however letters from DWP have taken a month to arrive :unsure:

OH ordered something from UK on 2 occasions both arrived in less than a week however letters from DWP have taken a month to arrive :unsure:

DWP are terrible, takes them a month just to send a confirmation letter...

That made me chuckle SMB.

Have not had much of a problem either way - cost to ship from here is expensive. Don't really have a need to undertake that often so try to use other solutions.

Same thing with a chilled waitrose order (just a one off, we don't do a weekly shop!) I had to contact them to check it wasn't going to go off after they got it to Brindisi in two days and 2 days later it still wasn't showing as having left the Brindisi warehouse. Couriers in Italy definitely don't appear to have the sense of urgency and service commitment that they're business is built on elsewhere! Not that that surprises me!

The other thing i've noticed is amazon.UK can deliver here in 3 or 4 days yet amazon.IT might take 2 weeks!

Waitrose deliver chilled items to Italy? That's a new one on me..do you not have time to shop each day then :) re amazon agreed.

Our experience with couriers is mainly very positive. It was the dear old "snail mail" I was referring to. Maybe it'll be abolished soon. My son's girlfriend in Germany said there's been talk of having just one postal delivery (letters) a week. I think they've introduced that system in Noci already!!!

• Upvote 1

When I first moved here nothing worked, everyone had experienced stuff not arriving .postmen were dumping letters in the rubbish to save work, then after a lot of complaints things improved , I had a nice postgirl , couriers were ok , now its all like it was nine years ago, recently ordered one of those things you put on your finger to count your pulse, I followed online it was in Lecce , next it was out for delivery , sat by the gate all day and they claimed to have been here at 5:10, I hate that when they are too lazy to deliver and Lie their way out of it, this was GLS, Bartolini did the same trick a few weeks back, Bartolini said could not deliver as my address was incomplete in the E-mail was my complete address plus the driver had been here a hundred times , I went to Bartolini and they said my parcel was in the middle of loads of stuff and they could no access it, I have told GLS to shove my order and I will get my money from Amazon as it was week late , I will not order anything else from ebay or Amazon and save a lot of money and stress , I was going to buy a new computer from ebay but did not really need one so thats it. I have always said the women here are wonderful the men are useless in the main

S here.

I'm currently waiting for an amazon parcel to be delivered...it was dispatched on the 6th, left USA on the 9th & got to Poland on the 11th then arrived in Milan & left Milan on the same day. Hurray-It's in Italy! Ooookay...still waiting...It must be now coming by the infamous snailtrail i have heard about.

It does amaze me that post can take so long here but maybe we've been spoilt by the UK post being super fast.

• Upvote 1

Someone in my street told me it was on the news 3 lorries of parcels were stolen in Milan, dont know if its true, the thing I object to is pretending they came to my house so it looks like I am in the wrong , if they said we are all behind I would accept that

• Upvote 1

I read that one parcel depot had a fire but can't remember where the heck it was now...Anything from my sis via normal post office seems to always arrive within around 8/9 days no probs - that is also how I sent all sorts of stuff to my neice from uk to Italy 12 + years back which all arrived intact even though they were way out in the stix. Have known a number of people get frustrated in Brindisi centre re deliveries. We use various bespoke online card services, which are great (and efficient) for fairly short personal messages but still have to write longhand to the odd auntie that likes news. Agree it has been much improved here in last 5 years.

Good news I have a new postgirl , I bought 3 of the pulse readers on ebay first one turned up, my new postgirl is slim with a pony tail and seemed thrilled to have someone from London on her round, wow she said, she is nice if she sticks it out I will get her something for Christmas , pulse and oxygen reader about a tenner each including postage , pleased to say my oxygen is spot on