Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Hi everyone,

I have been absent for a long time from the forum due to either my medical condition or my need to work. However today someone alterted me, woke me up to the degradation. My first reaction was to close the forum, its worth is certainly as a forum in decline, sadly. Some have made it their mission, it sems to make it so. 

So some of you will disappear. I am sad, not to see you go, but because it has taken me so long to take a stand.

So I bid you farewell. 

Admin

Great stuff Colleen.

I have a private email prepared for you which I have yet to send as I actually do care what happens to this wonderful resource.

I will send it privately as my way of lending you my full support in this, the only decision you could have made.

I hope I played my own small part in facilitating your decision to clean up where needed.

Onwards and upwards from here oh people of Puglian Posse-ness!

P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admin - Colleen said:

Hi everyone,

I have been absent for a long time from the forum due to either my medical condition or my need to work. However today someone alterted me, woke me up to the degradation. My first reaction was to close the forum, its worth is certainly as a forum in decline, sadly. Some have made it their mission, it sems to make it so. 

So some of you will disappear. I am sad, not to see you go, but because it has taken me so long to take a stand.

So I bid you farewell. 

Admin

Maybe now the site will thrive.  I hope so.  It was very helpful before the hate mail started and people were afraid to post anything.  You have put so much time and effort into PP.  it would be terrible if a few misguided people ruined it for you.  Thank you for all you do.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Admin - Colleen said:

Hi everyone,

So I bid you farewell. 

Admin

Well done Colleen , and good luck dealing with this. I believe this forum is extremely valuable when used properly. But recently , I think it’s got a bit too political, “Facebooky” and the recent thread about “how to improve the forum” was quite frankly an insult to you.

instead of the “Constructive Criticism”, people should’ve just sent you a private message. 

• Upvote 1

That's good news. I have seen vitriolic remarks and downright rudeness/spitefulness from some poster(s). When a comment was specifically aimed at me I chose to ignore it, everyone else on the thread being supportive. It did, however, deter me from posting. However, I appreciate there are lots of lovely people on here, including Les and Phil who gave us a free car which has been most gratefully received and with whom we intend to stay in touch. I, too, am grateful for all your efforts.  

It's common for people on internet fora to hide behind anonymity and think they can say whatever they want to whomever they want. Sad but true. 

Thank you.

Lorraine 

Thank you for your online support, phone calls and emails.:D

I too hope the posse thrives with helpful tips and comments, with Puglia at heart.

Look forward to reading new and useful threads. Newcomers are encouraged to ask questions and I hope oldies respond with their experiences.

Happy hot day in Puglia!!

It's a shame you felt the need to ban some members, Colleen: had you communicated with them to explain your issues? Many forums end up going down the wrong track, just as WhatsApp groups etc., but sometimes people just need "a yellow card". And there's "nout so queer as folk", as they say. However, I must admit that I too have at times found some posts snide and insulting (not to me personally, I may add.) Hopefully the posse can start afresh and have lots of positive new input.

I appreciate your viewpoint but they were given many a chance to stop in the past. I have pulled them on it to what gain? Only for them to return with snide comments, and I do not appreciate that a forum free and for Puglia is abused. They had some useful information to give but the balance was online bullying. 

Yes, it is sad they had to be banned but equally sad that as someone said, that they hijacked the forum and put me in an awkward position to have to take such action. The other choice would have been to close the forum altogether but why for a minority? 

Damned if You do and damned if You don’t. 

Well done Colleen! 

If people want to be nasty, htey can do it somewhere else.

Thanks for all your hard work. We all appreciate it.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:24 PM, Admin - Colleen said:

I appreciate your viewpoint but they were given many a chance to stop in the past. I have pulled them on it to what gain? Only for them to return with snide comments, and I do not appreciate that a forum free and for Puglia is abused. They had some useful information to give but the balance was online bullying. 

Yes, it is sad they had to be banned but equally sad that as someone said, that they hijacked the forum and put me in an awkward position to have to take such action. The other choice would have been to close the forum altogether but why for a minority? 

Damned if You do and damned if You don’t. 

Yes, you're in a difficult position. Thank you for all your efforts. The Posse is too good to abandon :)