Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Benzoni

Introduction - The Wheelers

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year.

We are in the process of putting our house on the market here in Dorset, UK to start another challenge in life. We are planning to come to Puglia over the Easter period for a few weeks, ideally we would like to visit as many places as possible to get a feel for where to eventually purchase a property. Once we know the approx area we plan to come back maybe in the summer and again in the winter for a longer period before parting with any hard earned cash.  In a perfect scenario we would like a 3 bedroom house with some separate accommodation so we can do the occasional Airbnb (or similar), a little land so we can grow our own vegetables, close to the sea, maybe buy a small fishing boat ? - learn To kite surf ? and simply enjoy life. We are currently 49 and 46 years young and have 4 daughters which only the youngest  now lives with us aged 15. We are hard grafters and are lucky enough to be able to move without relying on any paid work. 

We are a little worried about brexit and don’t know how that will effect things etc but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

i am a fully qualified gas engineer, HETAS engineer and professional chimney sweep so happy to put those skills to use to help any fellow expats or locals.

if any members are around  over the Easter period and would like to meet up that would be wonderful.

All the very best

Steve and Lisa 

Edited by Benzoni
Grammar
  • Like 1

Hi Steve and Lisa. 

I would like to wish you all the best in your new venture. My husband, Bob, and I moved here permanently in September and are enjoying living here.    

Not sure yet if we will be around over Easter but you are welcome to contact me nearer the time to check.

Best wishes, Lorraine   

Hi Steve and Lisa,

if you are in the Ostuni/Ceglie area, we would be happy to meet up when you are here. 

R&J

15 hours ago, Benzoni said:

I know the owners of Masseria Giulio - you will be well looked after, they are a lovely family.

Hi Lorraine and Bob,  What part of Puglia do you live ? I can let you have dates when we are near by. Would be great to meet up over a glass or 2 if you are around Easter time.

All the best 

Hi again. We live in Martina Franca - in the direction of Ceglie Messapica. 

Please do let me know when you are around and if we are still here (not due back in England until May/June time) it would be great to share a drink and get to know each other.

Best wishes, Lorraine 

Hi Steve and Lisa, sorry we are a little late in catching your post in relation to being out here in Easter and hoping to catch up with anyone who is around on your dates. Similar to a few responses you have already received, we too would be delighted to meet you both as you suggest, my wife Laura and I have also just taken the plunge and moved here last March permanently from Scotland.

Of course we absolutely wish you well in your new venture and we too would be around for a coffee/drink etc should you have any time left after your schedule. We are just starting to make a few friends now and wish we had known some folk a little earlier in our own arrival out here.

All the very best, Im sure it will work out for you both and perhaps we can meet up sometime whenever it suits you both.

Keep us in mind.

We reside in the Locorotondo area if that helps.

Warmest regards

Jon and Laura

Hi Jon and Laura

Many thanks for your reply and your kind words. We would love to meet up and have a chat over a few drinks etc :-)

All being well with internet connections and signals we will PM you once we have landed on your soil (excuse the pun as I saw your advert on here lol). It will probably we around 16th —> 18th April when we are in Ostuni.

All the best

With Kind Regards

Steve and Lisa

Hi again, Steve and Lisa - that would be great. It it would be lovely to meet you both and great to swop stories and of course happy to share any of our own personal experiences with you. 

Warmest regards

Jon and Laura

Hi Steve & Lisa

My partner, Steve, and I are in the process of buying a little casalare near Celgie Messapica. We won't be able to spend much time there for a few years yet (our son is 13) but are looking forward to holidays and perhaps renting it out after refurb.

We own a solid fuel stove showroom & installation business incidentally (hence my interest in your post!).

Hope you enjoy your trip in April. We were blown away by Puglia - the people, the countryside, the beautiful towns...

We hope to be back in late May to sign the completion paperwork. Gulp!

Kind Regards

Kim

Hi Kim and Steve,

Very similar lifes in the UK then !! - We wish you luck in your new purchase. We are so looking forward to our new adventure and hope that we find the right place to live, again will be similar to you - looking for a small project and hopefully within 2 years we will be there permantely. 

All the best and please keep us updated. 

Steve and Lisa 

Hi Steve & Lisa

Thanks for the reply.

We paid our deposit on the casalare (glorified shed!) this week so it’s full steam ahead. We sign completion on 29 May.

Our first job is to fit a stove - of course!

Hope your Easter trip goes well and you find what you’re looking for. We looked at 12 properties in 4 days and what we’re buying we would have rejected from the photographs - the estate agent suggested we go there - bit of a ‘wild card’. Keep an open mind and you might end up falling in love with something totally different to what you have in mind! 

Let us know how your trip goes.

Kim & Steve