Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
flying pigs

Plastic ban on beaches

I've just read in The Times that Puglia is banning the sale of single use plastic cups, plates, straws, etc on beaches this summer.  Hope they also ban their use on the beach and the beaches end up a bit cleaner as a result.  It doesn't say if this is throughout Puglia or just a certain area.  Step forward though.

Read that too flying pigs, and saw also that in Capri they are fining people for using plastic bags! Thought at first this might have more to do with the Bella Figura but it looks like a serious effort to stop plastic getting into the sea which is always a good thing. 

I read it too.  I hope they take it seriously although on the beach cleaning projects I've been to the waste is predominantly created by the fishermen discarding the plastic nets for mussels, followed by Crocs which I would happily see banned, then flip flops and plastic bottles.