Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
Digger

Wizz Air

Wizz Air's service from Luton to Bari seems to be ending in the next few weeks.

Despite being able to book flights for the Christmas period  a few months ago these have now been cancelled and there is nothing on their website to indicate if flights will resume next year sometime.

Relatives who had booked to come here for Christmas were offered alternative flights to ATHENS!!  Getting a refund is also long winded and it is only possible to contact them on a premium rate phone line.

A serious contender for taking the "worst airline" award from Ryanair!

• Like 1

Yes, they totally messed up my winter plans. For one flight I received an email to click the refund link and for the rest I had to call the number and was on hold for about 15 minutes.  I'm yet to see the refund and Ryanair bumped their prices for the same periods meaning my 80 Euro round trip went up to 170 per head.  However, they have re-opened the route from March 30th with flights on Fridays and Mondays with the more sociable departure times of Bari 20:25 and Luton 15:55.  Not sure I trust them again though.  It's becoming more economical to use the national airlines.  We booked Lufthansa Bari to Dublin for half the cost of a Ryanair flight and they have 2 options per day via Munich.

• Like 1

For me it was great as Luton is close to my old home town and my son could travel alone from 14 years old.  Until he's 16 in February he has to use the national airlines.  They have hiked the prices a lot since re-opening the route so unless I need to be there at a specific time I'll find alternatives.  Once bitten, twice shy.