Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
Zappa

Swimming pool costs?

Hello,

got recently a 30000 eur quote for 40sqm pool in cement, but online the indicative price seem much lower (upto 20000).

Is 30000 in you experience a way to high?

Any recent experiences with pool builders in Puglia or recommended builders?

Thank you

Not knowing your circumstances I can only make a few suggestions ......

Firstly is the pool to be at a rental property ? If so then  a good quality installation is very important.

If not, are you full time resident or will you need regular pool maintenance contract? The cost throughout a summer season can be rather high.

If it only for yourself have you considered an above ground pool? A fraction of the cost and  no permissions required.

For an in ground pool fees to the Geometra and the Comune  will be above 5k.

I  had an in ground pool that was tiled with mosaic and have looked after other peoples pools that had  tiles and also liners , both types had serious problems after a few years.

If I was going to have another in ground pool I would  now choose a cement one but I this year I installed an above ground pool and have been very pleased with it.

Thanks Colleen and Digger,

equipment you mention can be bought for a fraction of 30.000. Had a quote for well under 5000 (chlorine, not infinity, basic but good enough) with liner, lights etc. So 25k seems too much for a structure, plumbing, electricity and scavo.

Strange that no one had a recent experience with such pools and prices.

You mention quality of installation if the property is to be rented. For private use would it be different? Just wondering?

34 minutes ago, Zappa said:

You mention quality of installation if the property is to be rented. For private use would it be different? Just wondering?

What I meant was that for a rental property an above ground pool wouldn't be ideal ..... if you were aiming for mid to high end clientele.

* Strange that no one had a recent experience with such pools and prices.

Could be that UK ex pats are now a bit thin on the ground, all the pool building was probably being done 10 to 15 years ago. I know of at least half a dozen pools of various designs built then and none of them were without quite major problems after a few years and all cost between 25 - 35k.

Now I would never recommend a local pool builder and would advise a good quality above ground pool if it is only for family use .....no planning permission required either!

You don't mention if that's finished cost (patio etc) or just the pool.  If finished I would say it's pretty reasonable.  If it's for rentals then you need it, if it's for yourself then consider most expats only stay around 10 years so maybe do the calculation.  3k per year plus 2k per year maintenance is 5 grand.  That's an annual holiday in a hotel or a nice villa with pool for a month that someone else is cleaning for you.  Then again, you may not be as lazy as me :-)

I guess it seemed a bit cheaper 10 - 15 years ago when the exchange rate was so much better.

Today 25,000 euros is £21,500,  back then it was £17,500 .

Cost us circa €25k a couple of years ago for an in ground ICF pool with led lighting and top end fresh water system and liner, with minimal finishing around the pool. A lot of the cost variance will be in the ground i.e. location of pool and cost of digging it out. We encountered a lot of rock and had the 'dig out' taken away.

Could we have  done it for €20k? Yes, with easier ground conditions, no ICF, cheap liner and basic filtration. Was the extra worth it, yes, for the freshwater alone!