Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Sign in to follow this  
peterw

Eurospin or LIDL

I went to Eurospin again yesterday, a good thing about this supermarket is its Italian so its good for the economy but more than that I browsed around reading labels a lot of stuff is from Puglia and even Salento, they are selling compost cheaply maybe they always do first time I noticed it, I will get a bag each time I go, they say you can never be too rich or too thin I am nether but I say you can never have too many bags of compost, I waiting for 5 different sorts of pansy seeds to turn up California poppy seeds arrived yesterday, mission bells , planted Tibetan blue poppy seeds a few weeks ago and they are coming up   

If anyone is in to wine, they should read the labels.  Cantine Due Palme actually produce wine for Eurospin.  I'm guessing most ex-pats know this already as their trolleys are usually full of wine and dog food.  I haven't tried the dog food personally as I'm not keen on meat.  Maybe it makes a nice casserole?

On 1/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, SanNico said:

If anyone is in to wine, they should read the labels.  Cantine Due Palme actually produce wine for Eurospin.  I'm guessing most ex-pats know this already as their trolleys are usually full of wine and dog food.  I haven't tried the dog food personally as I'm not keen on meat.  Maybe it makes a nice casserole?

I am one of those with a trolley full of dog/cat food never thought of making a casserole with it I wonder if they use dogs/cats as quality controllers or there actually is a person doing that job :unsure: 

A friend I had years ago in England sister worked for Frey Bentos and had to sit by a conveyor belt chucking out dodgy bits of meat, she said it had to be running back the other way to be thrown out, the smell of Peters pies factory used to make me vomit, cant believe dog food is worse, do not eat anything minced up or processed, when I was young I used to buy pie and chips sometimes in a shop near where I worked until one day I took a peek under the lid of the pie and found a throat pipe of something, people that eat meat should buy  piece of meat from the butcher   

Change of subject from Beans to CUSTARD. 

Eurospin do a dessert called Crema alla Vaniglia, sold in packs of 4 for 99c (also a chocolate one as well). 

Had it with Christmas pudding and mince pies, 2 minutes in microwave - perfect.

It is no different to the tins of Ambrosia custard I usually get from British Corner Shop. 

I would love to eat custard but I trying to eat super healthy, I often get tempted walking around a supermarket and when I get home I often throw stuff away when reality kicks in, I bought a pannatone eat one slice gave a slice to my dog and put the rest in the bin, I bought instant custard from british corner shop and was surprised how good it is, the thing I really miss is Dundee cake I love Dundee cake, the creme they put inside cakes in lecce is like custard, I nominate Dundee cake for worlds best cake