Dear Members of Puglia Posse,

Welcome to the new forum design and upgrade. Please make yourselves familiar with the Puglia Posse Site Guidelines which can be viewed on the Welcome to Puglia Posse Forum under the pinned topic 'Site Guidelines'. After which you may continue to use the site forum.

Please take time to get to know how the new board works and please update your profiles.

Equally report any bugs or problems you have as soon as possible by using the contact us link at the bottom of the Forum Homepage.

Admin assumes that once you are using the forum, you have accepted the guidelines and respect them.

Many thanks.

Colleen

Admin - Colleen

Long shot I know!

After the rains and floods around our area, 3 pups managed to either be abandoned on our land or found their way there by Noah's Ark.

In any case, like all pups they are adorable and like all pups they need good homes.

I have ten to my name or at least under my care and I cannot keep these little ones as it would not be fair to them. They need space which I can not give them. And as we have had dogs in the area with the deadly parvo virus, their little lives are at huge risk.

I have approached all the kennels around us, Fasano, Ostuni and Cisternino and of course the usual response is they cannot help.  I have approached also the masserie as they are the local sheep dog. And that is the other thing, they are going to be big. Maremmano crossed with breton I believe.

If you can help or know someone that can, I would appreciate it with open arms but more so they would too.

One male and two females.

sheep dogs.jpeg

is puupies everywhere we ended up taking a puppy in as a foster for 1 night 2 months later is still here and not going anywhere, than a month ago 1 of my neighbour came to my house with a 6ish month old puppy (female) she was dumped outside his house and had been there 3 days what do you do leave her out in the street and be pregnant in the next 2/3 months? both have maremmano in them, Casper was about 6 weeks old when he came,1,2kg in weight 2 weeks ago at his 3rd vaccination was 11.8kg he is huge even as puppy.

I will ask around for your 3 puppies 

I don't know how you do it.... Hope you found homes for the poor little mites. So distressing.

There is some kind of sanctuary / shelter on Facebook called ENPA Ostuni - can they help?

11 minutes ago, Kizzy said:

There is some kind of sanctuary / shelter on Facebook called ENPA Ostuni - can they help?

I'm afraid my request to ENPA to help in this matter seems to have fallen on deaf ears this time. 

Basically the sanctuary is just a one man band operation with a few dedicated volunteers doing what they can but I know for a fact the guy running it is know looking after far more dogs than he has ever had there. 

Unfortunately I think he has reached saturation point.